2. Noun. A mattock ¹
3. Noun. A double bladed tool used in gate type hurdle making for cutting out mortices, with a flat chisel and a mortice chisel or hook, similar to the much larger french carpenter's tool, the bisaigue (or besaigue) ¹
4. Noun. (obsolete) A double-bladed halberd or battle-axe ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Twibill
1. twibil [n -S] - See also: twibil
Lexicographical Neighbors of Twibill
Literary usage of Twibill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Digest of the Reported Decisions of the Superior Court of the Late by Territory of Orleans Superior court, Louisiana Court of Errors and Appeals, Louisiana Supreme Court (1861)
"Succession of twibill, 14 A. 645. SURETYSHIP, II. (a), 1), No. 26 ; (b). No. 21. PLEADING, I. (a), Nos. 11, 12. ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Louisiana by Louisiana Supreme Court (1866)
"The proceeding by which the administrator of the estate of William Aitkins proceeded to classify the passive debts of the firm of John twibill and William ..."
3. The Dauphin County Reports: Containing the Decisions of the Judges of the by Dauphin County Bar Association (1917)
"The petition of Thomas P. twibill respectfully represents : 1. That he is a qualified elector of the County of Philadelphia, State of Pennsylvania. ..."