Definition of Type ii diabetes
1. Noun. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults; can be precipitated by obesity or severe stress or menopause or other factors; can usually be controlled by diet and hypoglycemic agents without injections of insulin.
Generic synonyms: Diabetes Mellitus, Dm
Medical Definition of Type ii diabetes
Type Ii Diabetes Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Type Ii Diabetes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Type Ii Diabetes
Literary usage of Type ii diabetes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Rebuilding the Unity of Health And the Environment in Rural America by James A. Merchant, Christine Coussens, Dalia Gilbert (2006)
"Although the incidence of Type II diabetes among adults over the age of 40 years is increasing at an alarming rate, the gravest concern at the National ..."
2. Influence of Pregnancy Weight on Maternal and Child Health: Workshop Report by Food and Nutrition Board, National Research Council (U.S.), Institute of Medicine (U.S.), Youth Board on Children, and Families (2007)
"For women with gestational diabetes, there is some evidence that an additional pregnancy is associated with a threefold higher risk of type II diabetes, ..."
3. Diabetes in America by Ronald Aubert (1996)
"Stern MP, Gonzalez C, Mitchell BD, Villalpando E, Haffner SM, Hazuda HP: Genetic and environmental determinants of type II diabetes in Mexico City and San ..."
4. Designing Nanostructures at the Interface Between Biomedical and Physical by Nas, A01, National Academies (U.S.), Keck Futures Initiative (2005)
"... especially with type II diabetes," Garcia said. "The potential threats are enormous." Diabetes can be treated by exercise and diet control, ..."