Definition of W
1. Noun. A heavy grey-white metallic element; the pure form is used mainly in electrical applications; it is found in several ores including wolframite and scheelite.
Generic synonyms: Metal, Metallic Element
Substance meronyms: Scheelite, Iron Manganese Tungsten, Wolframite
2. Noun. The cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees.
3. Noun. A unit of power equal to 1 joule per second; the power dissipated by a current of 1 ampere flowing across a resistance of 1 ohm.
Generic synonyms: Power Unit
Terms within: Milliwatt
Group relationships: Kilowatt, Kw, H.p., Horsepower, Hp
4. Noun. The 23rd letter of the Roman alphabet.
Group relationships: Latin Alphabet, Roman Alphabet
Generic synonyms: Alphabetic Character, Letter, Letter Of The Alphabet
Definition of W
1. Abbreviation. Wednesday ¹
2. Abbreviation. (sports) The statistic for the number of wins by a team or player limited by some criteria (e.g. this season, at home, on turf) ¹
3. Abbreviation. (cricket) wickets ¹
4. Abbreviation. (neologism) Nickname for George W. Bush ¹
5. Abbreviation. (baseball) Wins; number of games won by a particular pitcher. ¹
6. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 22 double U) ¹
7. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 22 double-u) ¹
8. Abbreviation. watt ¹
9. Abbreviation. west ¹
10. Abbreviation. (cricket) wide ¹
11. Abbreviation. white ¹
12. Abbreviation. witness ¹
13. Abbreviation. work ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of W
1. Symbol for tungsten; watt; tryptophan. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of W
Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Molotov
Völuspá in skamma