Definition of Atlantic puffin
1. Noun. Common puffin of the northern Atlantic.
Generic synonyms: Puffin
Group relationships: Fratercula, Genus Fratercula
Atlantic Puffin Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Atlantic Puffin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Atlantic Puffin
Literary usage of Atlantic puffin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Ecology and Conservation of the Marbled Murrelet by C. John Ralph (1997)
"... and among boulders and rocks of islands lacking soft substrate for burrowing (Atlantic puffin) (Byrd and others 1993; Hatch and Hatch 1983). ..."
2. Atlantic Canada by Benoit Prieur (2002)
"... 732 of Bird Island, where you can see the Atlantic puffin. These small marine birds come here to nest between May and August. ..."
3. Georgia and the Carolinas by Norman Renouf, Kathy Renouf (1999)
"The Atlantic puffin makes its home from along the northern tip of Maine up into the Canadian Atlantic Provinces, where it is the official bird of the ..."
4. Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic Provinces by Eva Ambros (1998)
"Main species of bird migrate to the islands, including spring-to- late-summer colonies of the beautifully coloured Atlantic puffin. There are of course boat ..."
5. Canada 2002 by Wayne C. Thompson (2003)
"Outdoor Activities Bird-Watching The Avalon Peninsula At the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve if, the main avian attraction is the Atlantic puffin, ..."
6. Quebec by Francois Remillard (2003)
"... such as the rare piping plover (which only nests on the islands), the northern pintail, the betted kingfisher, the Atlantic puffin and the homed lark. ..."