Definition of Bahraini
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Bahrain.
Group relationships: Bahrain, Bahrein, State Of Bahrain
Generic synonyms: Arab, Arabian
2. Adjective. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bahrain or its people or language. "Bahraini beaches"
Definition of Bahraini
1. Noun. A person from Bahrain or of Bahraini descent. ¹
2. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Bahrain or the Bahraini people. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bahraini Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bahraini
Literary usage of Bahraini
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Routine Abuse, Routine Denial: Civil Rights and the Political Crisis in Bahrain by Human Rights Watch/Middle East (1997)
"According to a reliable independent Bahraini exile source (communication, ... Between 200 and 300 other Bahraini citizens and residents remain abroad ..."
2. Human Rights Watch World Report 1999 by Human Rights Watch Staff (1998)
"A Kuwaiti court in March sentenced five Bahraini opposition figures to prison terms of up to three years and fines of up to 500 Kuwaiti dinars ..."
3. Human Rights Watch World Report 1997 by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch Staff (1996)
"According to Bahraini defense lawyers, the majority of these were tried ... Bahraini defense lawyers told Human Rights Watch that persons charged with ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report 2000: The Events of 1999 by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch Staff (1999)
"Bahraini press accounts and reports by opposition groups suggested that many if not most of those amnestied were youths who had been held for months or ..."
5. The Internet in the Mideast and North Africa: Free Expression and Censorship by Eric Goldstein, Human Rights Watch, Hanny Megally, Dinah PoKempner, Michael McClintock, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (1999)
"Bahraini authorities did not respond to Human Rights Watch's letter and ... According to a Bahraini who met Sharaf after his release, he came under ..."
6. Human Rights Watch World Report 1998 by Human Rights Watch Staff (1997)
"Fatchett also characterized the Bahraini opposition based in London as "moderate people with a moderate set of demands." United States Bahrain serves as ..."
7. Chronicle of Progress by Peter Vine, Ibrahim Abed, Paula Casey-Vine, Abdullah Al Jabali (1996)
"The annual budget for the emirate of Abu Dhabi for 1971 was almost 45 million Bahraini dinars. 15 February: An agreement signed in Tehran by Abu Dhabi, ..."