Definition of Dryopteris goldiana
1. Noun. North American fern with a blackish lustrous stipe.
Generic synonyms: Buckler Fern, Shield Fern
Dryopteris Goldiana Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dryopteris Goldiana Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dryopteris Goldiana
Literary usage of Dryopteris goldiana
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"Dryopteris goldiana (Hook.) A.Gray ssp. celsa Wm. Palmer GB Dryopteris celsa x cristata Wood fern Herbaceous perennial Ravines and damp woods. ..."
2. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1907)
"Growing in the midst of the area just described is one fine clump of Dryopteris Goldiana and distributed through the woods are quantities of the finest ..."
3. FLora of the Town of Southington, Conn., and Its Vicinity: A List of the by Charles Humphrey Bissell (1902)
"(Dryopteris goldiana, Gray) Occasional. Rich, moist woods along the trap hills. July-Aug. (816B.) A. marginale, Swartz. (Dryopteris marginalis, Gray ..."
4. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1908)
"At the latter place several northern plants were collected, among others Viola canadensis, Trillium grandi- florum, Filix bulbifera, and Dryopteris goldiana ..."
5. Flora of the District of Columbia and Vicinity by Albert Spear Hitchcock, United States National Museum (1919)
"(Aspidium cristatum Swartz; A.filix-mas of Ward's Flora.) 7. Dryopteris goldiana (Hook.) A. Gray. ... Dryopteris goldiana X MARGINALIS Dowell. ..."
6. Bulletin by Ohio Biological Survey (1913)
"Dryopteris goldiana (Hook.) Gr. Goldie's Shield-fern. Rather general, but no specimens from the southern third of the state, nor from the northwestern ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Dryopteris goldiana