Definition of Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz
1. Noun. German physiologist and physicist (1821-1894).
Generic synonyms: Physicist, Physiologist
Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand Von Helmholtz Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand Von Helmholtz Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand Von Helmholtz
Literary usage of Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The World's Best Orations: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time by David Josiah Brewer, Edward Archibald Allen, William Schuyler (1899)
"... Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz (1821-1894) JHE scientific imagination was never so daring as in the nineteenth century, nor was its daring ever ..."
2. Annals of Medical History by Francis Randolph Packard (1921)
"Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz August 31, 1921 marked the centenary of the birth of von Helmholtz, one of the few great men whose universality has ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz (1821-94) opened an entirely new field for diagnosis by inventing the speculum oculi in 1851. ..."
4. Scientific Papers: Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Geology by Michael Faraday, Hermann von Helmholtz, William Thomson Kelvin, Simon Newcomb, Archibald Geikie (1910)
"... INTRODUCTORY NOTE Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz was born at Potsdam, near Berlin, on August 31, 1821. His father was a man of high culture, ..."
5. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association, Richard Rogers Bowker, Charles Ammi Cutter (1900)
"Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz. NY, Longmans, Green & Co., 1899. 16+ 299 p. 12°. (Masters of medicine.) $1.25. Contains a 4-page bibliography (31 ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz