Definition of Key West
1. Noun. A town on the westernmost of the Florida keys in the Gulf of Mexico.
Key West Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Key West Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Key West
Literary usage of Key West
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1859)
"MARITIME DISASTERS AT Key West Ш 1868. The following is a complete list of accidents to vessels in the district of Key West during the year 1868. ..."
2. The Red Cross: A History of this Remarkable International Movement in the by Clara Barton (1898)
"Upon reaching Key West Miss Barton, as the person in charge of the relief expedition, will report to such naval officer as you may designate and take from ..."
3. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1841)
"On the Yellow Fever at Key West, East Florida. By CC DUPRÉ, MD THE peculiar geographical situation of this Island is now so well understood, ..."
4. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1877)
"... Mr. Calkins' list I add P. incana from Key West to Key Biscayne. That some species which are common to some of the West India Islands and to South ..."
5. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1853)
"At Key West the transit was mounted at a point 17.25s. east of the station on ... DEAR SIR :—I submit the following report on the longitudes of Key West, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Key West