Definition of Khachaturian
1. Noun. Russian composer (born in Armenia) whose works are romantic and reflect his interest in folk music (1903-1978).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Khachaturian Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Khachaturian
Khachaturian (current term)
Literary usage of Khachaturian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Breaking with Communism: The Intellectual Odyssey of Bertram D. Wolfe by Bertram David Wolfe, Robert Hessen (1990)
"In it, Aram Khachaturian, composer, writes against bureaucratic interference with artistic creation and condemns the impoverished works composed during the ..."
2. Drug Abuse and Drug Abuse Research (1991): The Third Triennial Report to edited by MaryLouise Embrey, Christine R. Hartel (1999)
"125 Khachaturian, H.; Lewis, ME; Schafer, MK-H.; and Watson, SJ Anatomy of the CNS opioid systems. Trends in Neurosciences 8(3): 111-119,1985. ..."
3. Alzheimer's Disease: Unraveling the Mystery by Caroline McNeil (1997)
"Khachaturian ZS.The Role of Calcium Regulation in Brain Aging: Reexamination ... Khachaturian ZS. Calcium Hypothesis of Alzheimer's Disease and Brain Aging, ..."
4. Stress, Gender, and Alcohol-Seeking Behavior edited by Walter A. Hunt, Sam Zakhari (1996)
"... amygdala, and hip- lease of corticotropin-releasing factor pocampus (Khachaturian et al. 1985). (CRF) from the hypothalamus, which Although similar ..."
5. Molecular Neurobiology: Proceedings of the 2nd NIMH Conference by Steven Zalcman (1995)
"... CA 94720 Henry Khachaturian, Ph.D. National Institute of Mental Health Division of Basic Brain and Behavioral Sciences 5600 Fishers Lane Room 11C-05 ..."