Definition of National Trust
1. Noun. An organization concerned to preserve historic monuments and buildings and places of historical interest or natural beauty; founded in 1895 and supported by endowment and private subscription.
Generic synonyms: Ngo, Nongovernmental Organization
Geographical relationships: Britain, Great Britain, U.k., Uk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland
National Trust Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: National Trust Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of National Trust
Literary usage of National Trust
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"The National Trust now administers more than 300.000 acres of land in England, Wales anJ Northern ... The properties acquired by the National Trust before ..."
2. Lake District by Norman Buckley (2004)
"Recognition of the need to protect the area came late in the 19th century, following the formation of the National Trust in 1895 by the great philanthropist ..."
3. The Chautauquan by Chautauqua Institution (1906)
"The Second National Trust Conference In 1899 a national conference was held in Chicago under the auspices of the National Civic Federation to discuss the ..."
4. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1921)
"United States v 396 National Surety Co. v. United States for Use of American Sheet Metal Works.. 393 National Trust & Credit Co.. F. II. ..."
5. The Alberta Law Reports: Cases Determined in the Supreme Court of Alberta by Alberta Supreme Court, Charles Coursolles McCaul, William Pentlow Taylor, William Kent Power, Samuel Edward Botton, Law Society of Alberta (1922)
"National Trust Co. v. Miller, 46 SCR 45, 3 DLR 69). These cases also establish that if a person with a limited interest in goods sues a stranger for ..."
Other Resources Relating to: National Trust