Definition of New York strip
1. Noun. Steak from upper part of the short loin.
New York Strip Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: New York Strip Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of New York Strip
Literary usage of New York strip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Official Directory of the World's Columbian Exposition, May 1st to by Moses Purnell Handy (1893)
"Boots 44. Hoag & Heath, Lynn, Mass. Boots and shoes. F-4 656 45. Hoople, Wm. Howard, New York. Strip welting. F-5 697 46. Hutchinson, FE, Haverhill, Mass. ..."
2. Western Canada by Paul-Eric Dumontier, Jennifer McMorran, Pierre Longnus (2004)
"... cut New York steak, peppercorn New York strip loin, barbecued ribs and the like. The second-floor dining room has colourful artwork and a large ..."
3. Atlanta Alive!by Ann Carroll Burgess by Ann Carroll Burgess (2001)
"Splurge on the filet of grilled salmon or a New York strip steak, and add peeled asparagus spears or macaroni and cheese (yes, macaroni and ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Tampa Bay and Florida's West Coast by Chelle Koster Walton (2003)
"... with such dishes as Szechuan peppercorn seared yellowfin tuna, gorgonzola-crusted New York strip, and sugarcane-glazed scallops with boniato escabeche. ..."
5. Canada 2002 by Wayne C. Thompson (2003)
"You can go for beef tenderloin, blue cheese Californian cut New York steak, peppercorn New York strip loin, barbecued ribs and the like. ..."
6. The Bahamas: A Taste of the Islands by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2000)
"Every night except Sunday you can enjoy a special dinner with offerings such as lamb chops, New York strip steak, fried shrimp, Cornish game hen, and more. ..."
7. Prisoners of Poverty: Women Wage-workers, Their Trades and Their Lives by Helen Campbell (1887)
"... CHILD-WORKERS IN NEW YORK. strip and thus add to the week's income, which is far less for the tenement-house manufacture than for regular factory work, ..."
8. The US Virgin Islands Alive! by Harriet Greenberg, Douglas Greenberg (2006)
"A New York strip steak with salad and baked potato is added after 5 pm. Very informal and fun. Music Thursday- Saturday nights. Take-out available. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: New York strip