Definition of Accrual basis
1. Noun. A method of accounting in which each item is entered as it is earned or incurred regardless of when actual payments are received or made.
Accrual Basis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Accrual Basis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Accrual Basis
Literary usage of Accrual basis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Applied Theory of Accounts by Paul-Joseph Esquerré (1914)
"The accrual basis Many concerns keep their books on the "accrual basis. ... If his books were kept on the accrual basis, that capacity would be shown to ..."
2. Federal Income Tax, War-profits and Excess-profits Taxes: Including Stamp by George Edwin Holmes (1921)
"Reporting Income Upon accrual basis. Mercantile corporations are required to file returns upon the accrual basis. In the case of such corporations which ..."
3. Accrual Budgeting: Experiences of Other Nations and Implications for the by Christine E. Bonham, Elizabeth A. McClarin (2000)
"However, Canada is considering shifting capital to an accrual basis with ... However, the aggregate operating result is reported only on an accrual basis. ..."
4. Forest Owners' Guide to the Federal Income Tax by William C. Siegel, William L. Hoover, Harry L. Haney, Jr., Karen Liu (1996)
"Under the accrual basis method, revenue is recorded when it is earned, ... Thus, the accrual basis more nearly reflects economic activity—which may or may ..."
5. Financial Investigations: A Financial Approach to Detecting and Resolving Crimesby Don Vogel by Don Vogel (1999)
"The $500 would be recorded as an expense when incurred (or committed for) in December if the accrual basis of accounting is used. ..."
6. OECD Economics Glossary: English-French = Glossaire de L'économie de L'OCDE by Oecd, SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"... syn. accrual basis accounting, accounting on a receivable-payable basis 1. ... et des obligations [SCN] accrual basis 1. sur la base du fait générateur ..."
7. Revenue Statistics 1965-2002: Special Features; Tax Reliefs and the by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (2003)
"The cash basis may be distinguished lrom the 'accrual' basis used by the SNA, where taxes are recorded at the time tax liability was created. ..."