Definition of Apple canker
1. Noun. A disease of apple trees.
Apple Canker Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Apple Canker Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Apple Canker
Literary usage of Apple canker
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fungous Diseases of Plants, with Chapters on Physiology, Culture Methods and by Benjamin Minge Duggar (1909)
"... and color of the affected canes giving the necessary clue to their presence. XXXIV. EUROPEAN apple canker Nectria ..."
2. Manual of Plant Diseases by Paul Sorauer, Gustav Lindau, Ludwig Reh (1922)
"... because of the retrogression of the overgrowth edges and accordingly provides relatively more abundant food Fig. 133. Open apple canker. Fig. 134. ..."
3. Biennial Report by Kansas State Horticultural Society (1904)
"In regard to apple canker and its relation to bitter rot, ... I think this apple-canker connection discovered by Mr. Simpson is one of the most important ..."
4. Proceedings, International Conference on Plant Breeding and Hybridization by C. Raveret-Wattel (1904)
"... because, after eleven years, there is not the first evidence of apple canker appearing upon these young Kings top-worked upon the Northern Spy stock, ..."
5. Annual Report: Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Oregon State by Oregon State Horticultural Society (1922)
"He will speak to us on "European apple canker and Heart Rot in Our Orchards." EUROPEAN apple canker AND HEART ROT IN OUR ORCHARDS By Dr. SM Zeller, ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1898)
"AN apple canker.* LAST spring I began investigating the cause of the so-called apple canker. This disease attacks the bark of the larger limbs, ..."