Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Betweentimes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Betweentimes
Literary usage of Betweentimes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Artemus Ward (Charles Farrar Browne): A Biography and Bibliography by Don Carlos Seitz (1919)
"betweentimes Artemus took in the town. Maguire often acted as guide as well as an unselfish counselor and friend. He took the showman to Ralston's bank on ..."
2. The Crest of the Continent: A Record of a Summer's Ramble in the Rocky by Ernest Ingersoll (1888)
"betweentimes I extract bits of information in regard to Montrose and its neighborhood. The town is the center of a very large agricultural district. ..."
3. American Poetry by Percy Holmes Boynton, Frank Martindale Webster, George Wiley Sherburn, Howard M. Jones (1918)
"... and always, betweentimes, sonnets and yet more sonnets. Had 'Russell's survived, or could some other magazine have demanded him after the war, ..."
4. The Lodging House Problem in Boston by Albert Benedict Wolfe (1906)
"It is not uncommon for young men and women to dance these hours nearly every night and work all day betweentimes. What the effect must be on their labor ..."
5. The Dublin University Magazine: A Literary and Political Journal (1842)
"Still grumbling at the breach of order incurred by my admission, the old man shuffled along wheezing, coughing, and cursing betweentimes, till at length we ..."
6. The Poems of Heine: Complete by Heinrich Heine (1866)
"Thus is he boasting and boasting, And betweentimes the sea-mews are screaming, Like old ironical chuckling; The mists of twilight rise up on high; ..."