Definition of Board of trustees
1. Noun. A governing board elected or appointed to direct the policies of an educational institution.
Board Of Trustees Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Board Of Trustees Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Board Of Trustees
Literary usage of Board of trustees
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Labor, United States Office of Education (1908)
"Said board of trustees shall elect from among Its number a president, vice-president and secretary. The president shall preside at the meetings of the board ..."
2. Transactions by Massachusetts Horticultural Society (1913)
"REPORT OF THE board of trustees FOR THE YEAR 1915. The Board of Trustees of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society has held eight meetings during the year ..."
3. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1878)
"He shall deposit or invest the funds of the Association under the direction of the Board of Trustees. SEC. 1. He shall give satisfactory security in ! such ..."
4. Annual Report by Fairmount Park Art Association (1903)
"OF THE board of trustees. 1. The affairs of this Association shall be conducted by a Board of Trustees, who shall be members of the Association. 2. ..."
5. Annual Report by Cincinnati (Ohio), Board of Education, Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati (Ohio). Board of Education (1893)
"... and WHEREAS, The Board of Trustees of the Woodward College and High School, and the Trustees of the Hughes Fund, have under their control large amounts ..."
6. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"After this conveyance the board of trustees decided ] to sell the real estate so ... In the year 1916 the board of trustees authorized Clarke, Harwell, ..."
7. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York public library (1909)
"RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY THE board of trustees ON THE DEATH OF JOHN S. KENNEDY. At the meeting of the Board of Trustees held on November 10, 1909, ..."