Definition of Building permit
1. Noun. A document authorizing the holder to construct a building of a particular kind on a particular lot.
Building Permit Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Building Permit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Building Permit
Literary usage of Building permit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law of Public Health and Safety and the Powers and Duties of Boards of by Leroy Parker, Robert Hollister Worthington (1892)
"Fee for a building permit. SEC. 328. No other fee is usually required of the owner than the fee for the permit. This is not a tax, nor is its exaction an ..."
2. Carrying Out the City Plan: The Practical Application of American Law in the by Flavel Shurtleff, Frederick Law Olmsted (1914)
"The reason for the refusal to grant the building permit was because the building site for the proposed building was situated in one of the districts B, ..."
3. Bulletin by Portland (Or.), Portland (Or.). City Planning Commission, Indiana Employment Commission, City Planning Commission (1919)
"building permits: (a) No building permit shall be issued by the Bureau of Buildings of the City for the erection or alteration of any building or structure ..."
4. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1909)
"are set forth in the margin.f The reason for the refusal to grant the'building permit was because the building site for the proposed building was situated ..."