Definition of Capital of romania
1. Noun. National capital and largest city of Romania in southeastern Romania.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Romania, Roumania, Rumania
Capital Of Romania Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Romania Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Romania
Literary usage of Capital of romania
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Annals of Roger de Hoveden: Comprising the History of England and of by Roger, Roger of Hoveden, Henry Thomas Riley (1853)
"The capital of Romania is the city of Constantinople. Romania is joined to Sclavonia, Hungaria, Istria, and Aquileia. The names of some of the principal ..."
2. The Chronicle of Henry of Huntingdon: Comprising The History of England by Henry of Huntingdon, Henry, Thomas Forester (1853)
"... but now bears the name of the Strait of St. George, proceeded to lay siege to the city of Nice, the capital of Romania. Robert, duke of Normandy, ..."
3. A History of the Later Roman Empire: From Arcadius to Irene (395 A.D. to 800 by John Bagnell Bury (1889)
"... then the Saracens, who used to establish themselves on the shores of the Propontis or the Bosphorus, to menace the capital of Romania. ..."
4. Hermathena by Trinity College (Dublin, Ireland) (1893)
"Clearly, if the Szeklers are ' undeveloped Latins,' they should go to the capital of Romania to be developed. There is just as much evidence to ..."