Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chapteral Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chapteral
Literary usage of Chapteral
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Critical Review, Or, Annals of Literature by Tobias George Smollett (1804)
"... the whole interspersed ii'ith Illustrations and explanatory Notes. By an Officer of the Chancery of the equestrian secular and chapteral Order ..."
2. The Anti-Jacobin Review and Magazine by John Boyd Thacher Collection (Library of Congress) (1803)
"... (ocular, and chapteral order has ... fe- often been, and Rill too frequently is, the ruin of many families. cular, and chapteral ..."
3. Handbook to Christian and Ecclesiastical Rome by Mildred Anna Rosalie Tuker, Hope Malleson (1897)
"In Rome it is only recited in choir, that is by religious, or by chapteral bodies who daily recite the Divine office. It is thus composed : The lector asks ..."
4. The British Critic: A New Review (1805)
"... fallowing manner : there are three chapteral, which fleet their own grand- ... Secular, and chapteral Order of St. Joachim being as little known in this ..."
5. The British Herald Or, Cabinet of Armorial Bearings of the Nobility & Gentry by Thomas Robson (1830)
"This equestrian, secular, and chapteral order was instituted 20th June, 1755, by several princes and nobles in Germany, and was at first called the Order of ..."