Definition of Chicken liver
1. Noun. Liver of a chicken used as meat.
Chicken Liver Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chicken Liver Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chicken Liver
Literary usage of Chicken liver
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Murrey Collection of Cookery Books by Thomas Jefferson Murrey (1895)
"Chicken-Liver Omelet. — As a rule, the chickens used in the household are not enough to make entrees of their livers or other tidbits, so it is advisable to ..."
2. One Hundred Ways of Cooking Eggs by Alexander Filippini (1892)
"chicken liver Omelet. The same as for the above (No. 59), substituting six minced chicken livers for the kidneys. ..."
3. Favorite Dishes: A Columbian Autograph Souvenir Cookery Book. Over Three by Carrie V. Shuman (1893)
"Take six silver skewers; run the skewer through the centre of the piece of chicken liver, then through a slice of bacon, until each skewer is filled with ..."
4. Miss Parloa's Kitchen Companion: A Guide for All who Would be Good Housekeepers by Maria Parloa (1887)
"Serve with mushroom white sauce. Chicken-Liver Timbale. Make the rule for chicken-liver force-meat, and add to it one gill of Bechamel sauce. ..."
5. The Up-to-date Sandwich Book: 400 Ways to Make a Sandwich by Eva Greene Fuller (1909)
"Cut triangular and garnish with a pickle, and a radish. chicken liver SANDWICH Boil chicken liver until tender and rub through a sieve; ..."
6. I Go A-marketing by Henrietta Sowle (1900)
"Now for the next link in this gastronomical chicken liver harmony. Let it be chicken liver patties, fatties You know how to make the puff paste and how to ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Chicken liver