Definition of Clearance sale
1. Noun. A sale to reduce inventory.
Clearance Sale Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clearance Sale Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clearance Sale
Literary usage of Clearance sale
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Finance and Its Reorganization by Elisha Michael Friedman (1922)
""Germany's clearance sale"—The disparity between prices in Germany and elsewhere attracted foreigners, who flocked to Germany to live, thus to increase the ..."
2. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1909)
"The white sale either follows immediately after the January clearance sale or is run in connection with it, being pushed to the front as soon as the ..."
3. Taxation: An Analysis of the Limitations and Leading Phenomena of Taxation by Charles Marshall Hertig (1892)
"From time to time the legislature would pass a clearance sale act, whereby the lands so nominally sold to the state at tax sales would be offered and sold ..."
4. One-line Specimens: Linotype Faces by Mergenthaler Linotype Company (1920)
"Handsome new Spring styles in Dresden and " Persian combinations, at this Clearance Sale, each -A vcry heavy Brade- fuii bleached double Damask; ..."
5. The English of Commerce by John Baker Opdycke (1920)
"A sale held for the purpose of selling all goods before retiring from business or making business changes; sometimes, also, a clearance sale. ..."