Definition of Clearcuts
1. clearcut [v] - See also: clearcut
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clearcuts Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clearcuts
Literary usage of Clearcuts
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Marten, Fisher, Lynx, and Wolverine: Survey Methods for Their Detection by William J. Zielinski, Thomas E. Kucera (1998)
"Snyder and Bissonette (1987) reported that marten use of residual forest stands surrounded by clearcuts on Newfoundland Island was a function of stand size. ..."
2. Assessing Public Concern for Landscape Quality: A Potential Model to by Arthur W Magill (1993)
"One-year-old clearcuts and sagebrush in black appearing forest. Same as above. ... Large regenerating clearcuts; cut 20 years ago and planted 18 years ago. ..."
3. Proceedings for the Eight Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference by M. Boya Edwards (2001)
"At the same time, desirable browse in small clearcuts (1 acre) quickly declines ... This would suggest that medium clearcuts would provide the optimum since ..."
4. Forest Certification: a policy perspective by Chris Elliott (2000)
"Retention of seed trees, deciduous trees and high stumps in clearcuts is now standard practice in the more progressive companies such as AssiDomän (Och and ..."
5. Ecology and Conservation of the Marbled Murrelet by C. John Ralph (1997)
"In the Oregon Coast Range, prédation on artificial shrub nests was higher in clearcuts and shelterwood (20-30 green tress >53 cm dbh/ha) stands than in ..."
6. Transcending Boundaries: Natural Resource Management from Summit to Sea edited by Rabel J. Burdge (2001)
"The scenes were roughly 1/3 all-forested, 1/3 with many clearcuts, and 1/3 with few clearcuts. Respondents were post-stratified from responses about the ..."
7. Silviculture: From the Crane of Forestry to Ecosystem Management edited by Louise H. Foley (1998)
"During these 7 years, the number of deer mice increased 69 times on burned clearcuts in comparison to the uncut forest. Also, the number of redback voles ..."