Definition of Computer peripheral
1. Noun. (computer science) electronic equipment connected by cable to the CPU of a computer. "Disk drives and printers are important peripherals"
Group relationships: Computer, Computing Device, Computing Machine, Data Processor, Electronic Computer, Information Processing System
Specialized synonyms: Data Input Device, Input Device, Output Device, Printer
Generic synonyms: Electronic Equipment
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Computer Peripheral Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Computer Peripheral Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computer Peripheral
Literary usage of Computer peripheral
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Measurements for Competitiveness in Electronics (1994)
"... and Peripheral Equipment Computer and Office Equipment electronic computers computer storage devices computer terminals computer peripheral equipment, ..."
2. Directory of Japanese Company Laboratories Willing to Receive American by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... accident wave transmission equipment, computer peripheral machines, ... Development of computer peripheral machines Facilities/equipment: HP-9000, ..."
3. Handbook on Hedonic Indexes and Quality Adjustments in Price Indexes by Jack E. Triplett (2006)
"... though generally computer peripheral equipment and communications equipment prices have fallen somewhat less rapidly (see the review of semiconductor ..."
4. Deconstructing the Computer: Report of a Symposium by Dale Weldeau Jorgenson, (, Charles W. Wessner (2005)
"The data also showed labor productivity growth of 37 percent per year on average for electronic computers, 17 percent per year for computer peripheral ..."
5. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"... MEDICINE & HEALTH and record from both nerve and muscle tissue, and the associated computer peripheral devices to collect, analyze and record this data. ..."
6. U. S. Industrial Outlook, 1994: Business Forecasts for 350 Industries (1994)
"... sector encompasses electronic computers (SIC 3571), storage devices (SIC 3572), computer terminals (SIC 3575), and computer peripheral equipment. ..."