Definition of Computer programme
1. Noun. (computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute. "The program required several hundred lines of code"
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Generic synonyms: Computer Software, Package, Software, Software Package, Software Program, Software System
Specialized synonyms: Anti-virus Program, Application, Application Program, Applications Programme, Binary, Binary Program, Loop, Malevolent Program, Patch, Assembler, Assembly Program, Checking Program, Compiler, Compiling Program, Debugger, Interface, User Interface, Interpreter, Interpretive Program, Job Control, Library Program, Monitor Program, Monitoring Program, Object Program, Target Program, Source Program, Parser, Tagger, Tagging Program, Relocatable Program, Reusable Program, Web Map Server, Web Map Service, Search Engine, Self-adapting Program, Spider, Wanderer, Spreadsheet, Stored Program, Executive Program, Supervisor, Supervisory Program, Syntax Checker, System Program, Systems Program, Systems Software, Text-matching, Translating Program, Translator, Service Program, Utility, Utility Program, Lisp Program, Fortran Program, C Program
Terms within: Function, Procedure, Routine, Subprogram, Subroutine, Command, Instruction, Program Line, Statement
Derivative terms: Program, Programme
Computer Programme Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Computer Programme Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computer Programme
Literary usage of Computer programme
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the Indian Roads Congress by Indian Roads Congress (1792)
"Regression equations used in the computer programme are developed from the repeated load deformation data (Eqs. 8, 9 and 11). ..."
2. Chile by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (2004)
"Another computer programme designed by the intercultural education team and the Enlaces team was a programme to facilitate the acquisition of the Aymara ..."
3. Estoniaby Centre for Co-operation with Non-members by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (2001)
"The UNDP study points out that the first school computer programme was implemented in the years 1987-1992. The Ministry of Education organised the provision ..."
4. Asking Questions: 10 Years of Architectural Design at the Gerrit Rietveld by Gert Staal (2004)
"... of Form«Z, a computer programme. An assignment is there to generate and manipulate space, be it: An utensil A graphical structure A sound analysis ln ..."
5. Oil Supply Security: The Emergency Response Potential of IEA Countries in 2000 by International Energy Agency (2001)
"Since all information available is handled by a computer programme, unauthorised company drawdown of the emergency stocks is easily exposed ..."
6. Inclusive Education at Work: Students with Disabilities in Mainstream Schools by Oecd (1999)
"... able to communicate by using head movements to create Morse code signals which a computer programme could convert to typescript and to simulated speech. ..."
7. The Markets for Electronic Information Services in the European Economic by Willi Bredemeier, Sabine Graumann, Werner Schwuchow, DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"In the mid-1980's, a computer programme Group was set up at the Ministry of Education and computers were widely introduced into Swedish schools. ..."