Definition of Defense contractor
1. Noun. A contractor concerned with the development and manufacture of systems of defense.
Generic synonyms: Contractor
Defense Contractor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Defense Contractor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Defense Contractor
Literary usage of Defense contractor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Defense Industry: Trends in Dod Spending, Industrial Productivity, and by Carolyn M. Copper, Penny Pickett, Venkareddy Chennareddy (1997)
"Moreover, in both reports, we found that defense contractor's estimates of savings ... Vertical integration can ^See defense contractor Restructuring: First ..."
2. Making Things Better: Competing in Manufacturing (1993)
"... 19439 36.1 Don't know« 2141 38.4 Not specified 3388 1.5 Prime defense contractor Yes: percent of products shipped to defense: 1 to 25 percent 10010 51.7 ..."
3. Security Awareness in the 1980s: Featured Articles From Security Awareness ... (1992)
"Printing now exceeds 24000 copies for each issue - including one copy to each of 12000 defense contractor facilities. Many of the feature articles ..."
4. The Military Commander & the Law edited by Richard A. Gittins (1998)
"Air Force personnel are occasionally offered memberships in various non-defense contractor private organizations such as golf, tennis, gun, health or social ..."