Definition of Depreciation allowance
1. Noun. An allowance for loss due to depreciation.
Depreciation Allowance Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Depreciation Allowance Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Depreciation Allowance
Literary usage of Depreciation allowance
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Federal Income Tax, War-profits and Excess-profits Taxes: Including Stamp by George Edwin Holmes (1920)
"... subject of a depreciation allowance.1* The deduction of an allowance for depreciation is limited to property used in the taxpayer's trade or business. ..."
2. Oecd Glossaries Economics Glossary: Edition 2006-Glossaires de L'Ocde by Oecd (2006)
"... depreciation allowance, depreciation reserve qv capital consumption ... for depletion qv depreciation allowance syn. allowance for depreciation, ..."
3. Journal of the New England Water Works Association by New England Water Works Association (1915)
"This depreciation allowance must be taken to cover both physical and ... The yearly depreciation allowance, pending the tabulation of actual data, ..."
4. Public Utilities Reports by Henry Clifford Spurr, Ellsworth Nichols, Public Utilities Reports, inc (1918)
"However, a supplementary provision for retirement of bonds must be made where there has been an inadequate depreciation allowance, or none at all. ..."
5. The Federal Income Tax by Thomas Sewall Adams, Thomas Reed Powell (1921)
"The depreciation allowance should be computed and charged off with express reference to specific items, units or groups of property, and the taxpayer should ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Depreciation allowance