Definition of Depreciation charge
1. Noun. An amount periodically charged to expense or against revenue in compensation for depreciation of property.
Depreciation Charge Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Depreciation Charge Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Depreciation Charge
Literary usage of Depreciation charge
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Accounting Theory and Practice by Roy Bernard Kester (1918)
"Ideal Basis for Distribution of depreciation charge Regardless of the actual ... This principle does not apply alone to the depreciation charge but equally ..."
2. Principles of Depreciation by Earl Adolphus Saliers (1916)
"How depreciation charge is Regulated It is unusual for the commissions, in their prescription of uniform systems of accounting, to more than suggest the ..."
3. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1911)
"The term should not be confounded with the annual depreciation " charge ", which is made ... I regard a depreciation charge as one of fixed annual amount, ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1915)
"Applying this annual depreciation charge of 10 per cent, to one company of ... there will be a yearly depreciation charge of $19000 and $26000 respectively, ..."
5. Manufacturing Costs and Accounts by Alexander Hamilton Church (1917)
"Standing Orders would be issued to cover an interest charge on each class of equipment in each department, just as they are issued for depreciation charge. ..."
6. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1917)
"If the same plant had a life of five years, the annual depreciation charge would be $4000, and the average investment or value, $12000. This is, of course, ..."
7. Mine Accounting and Cost Principles by Thomas Orrin McGrath (1921)
"Whatever adjustment that may be needed to make the depreciation charge exact is made the last month of the year. DEPLETION OF MINES The Depletion of Mines ..."