Definition of Eye disease
1. Noun. Any disease of the eye.
Specialized synonyms: Cataract, Macular Edema, Cystoid Macular Edema, Drusen, Glaucoma, Keratonosus, Macular Degeneration, Retinopathy, Trachoma, Leucoma, Leukoma
Eye Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eye Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eye Disease
Literary usage of Eye disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1891)
"It has been met with very frequently during the last two years in Paris, more particularly during the epidemic of influenza. The form of eye disease moat ..."
2. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1878)
"Eserine and Pilocarpine in the Treament of eye disease.—Dr. Henry W. Williams, Professor of Ophthalmology in Harvard University, read a paper at Boston last ..."
3. Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society Annual Meeting by American Ophthalmological Society (1897)
"Cohn, among 70174 cases of eye disease at Wiesbaden, encountered 735 cases of ophthalmia neonatorum, or I in 95. The service of the Brooklyn Eye and Ear ..."
4. Medical Record by George Frederick Shrady, Thomas Lathrop Stedman (1886)
"It must sometimes happen that the committed children are suffering from eye disease when committed. An examination for a few years back gives the following ..."
5. The Vitamins by Henry Clapp Sherman, Sybil Laura Smith (1922)
"It should be added that in observations on several thousands of rats we have never observed distinct symptoms of comparable eye disease in any animals ..."
6. Eugenics Laboratory Memoirs by Galton Laboratory for National Eugenics (1907)
"(8) Parental Alcoholism and eye disease. Diseases of the eye and eyelid were relatively few in number and no division of them into categories was ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Eye disease