Definition of Eye infection
1. Noun. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
Eye Infection Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eye Infection Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eye Infection
Literary usage of Eye infection
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bibliography of the Contributions of George M. Gould, M.D., to Ophthalmology by George Milbry Gould (1909)
"The danger of eye infection by spectacles 164 Eye inflammation. Mixed astigmatism the result of severe inflammation of an eye 17 Eyes. ..."
2. Public Health and Hygiene: In Contributions by Eminent Authorities by William Hallock Park (1920)
"... of 20 cases of eye infection among patrons of a public swimming pool, and in one case reinfection as a result of subsequent swimming in the same pool. ..."
3. Neurological Bulletin by Frederick Tilney, Columbia University, Dept. of Neurology (1919)
"... was ripe for the development of this bizarre paralysis. The eye infection was simply the release that culminated in this abnormal functional behavior. ..."
4. The Bacteriology of the eye by Theodor Axenfeld (1908)
"We do not, however, claim, even in man, that organisms do not pass into the blood during the course of an eye infection. Slight general feverish symptoms ..."
5. Text-book of ophthalmology by Ernst Fuchs (1892)
"In most cases this owes its development to infection of the interior of the eye. Infection takes place either by means of the very body which causes the ..."
6. The Ophthalmoscope (1904)
"During operations upon the eye infection may take place in several ways, as, for example, by the air, the hands or person of the surgeon, eye drops, ..."
7. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1916)
"Master and servant — Injury to eye — infection — course of employment. 1. A gonorrheal infection of an eye in attempting to remove a piece of steel which ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Eye infection