Definition of Food grain
1. Noun. Foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses.
Generic synonyms: Food Product, Foodstuff
Specialized synonyms: Corn, Edible Corn, Grist, Groats, Millet, Barley, Barleycorn, Buckwheat, Wheat, Wheat Berry, Oat, Rice, Indian Rice, Wild Rice, Malt
Derivative terms: Cereal
Food Grain Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Food Grain Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Food Grain
Literary usage of Food grain
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Food and Feeding by Henry Thompson (1891)
"... man's command for food—Grain—Legumes—Tubers —Green vegetables—Fruits—Salt—Animal food—Flesh—Milk —Eggs—Fish—Reptiles—Man omnivorous : his food largely ..."
2. The History of Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut, from the Settlement by Elizabeth Hubbell Godfrey Schenck (1904)
"Men from Fairfield.—Special Assembly.—Embargo on food, grain, etc.—Committees of supply and relief.— Forces for Connecticut.—Officers appointed. ..."
3. Select Extra-tropical Plants Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1884)
"... Hamilt., is closely allied to the first one mentioned, and attains 6 feet on slopes of mountains, when cultivated in Southern India for food-grain. ..."
4. Trade, Agriculture, and Development: Policies Working Together by Oecd Global Forum on Agriculture, SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"food grain SURPLUSES, YIELDS AND PRICES IN INDIA1 Raghav Gaiha Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi and Vani S. Kulkarni Centre for Population ..."