Definition of Genus Erythroxylon
1. Noun. A large genus of South American shrubs and small trees of the family Erythroxylaceae.
Generic synonyms: Plant Genus
Member holonyms: Coca, Coca Plant, Erythroxylon Coca, Erythroxylon Truxiuense
Genus Erythroxylon Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Erythroxylon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Erythroxylon
Literary usage of Genus Erythroxylon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention, American Pharmaceutical Association Meeting (1879)
"The order contains but one genus, Erythroxylon, which includes seventy-five species, natives of the warmer regions of the globe, and especially abundant in ..."
2. Systematic Anatomy of the Dicotyledons: A Handbook for Laboratories of Pure by Hans Solereder, Dukinfield Henry Scott (1908)
"Papillose differentiation of the lower epidermis is of frequent occurrence in the genus Erythroxylon, eg in E. ovatum and E. ..."
3. The Plant Alkaloids by Thomas Anderson Henry (1913)
"ALKALOIDS OF ERYTHROXYLON COCA The genus Erythroxylon, to which the distribution of this group of alkaloids is confined, comprises about eighty species, ..."
4. Medicinal Plants: Being Descriptions with Original Figures of the Principal by Robert Bentley, Henry Trimen (1880)
"genus Erythroxylon,* Linn. B. & H., Gen., i, p. 244; Baill., Hist. Pl., v, p. 65. Species about 50, mostly natives of S. America, but some of Africa and ..."
5. Hooker's Journal of Botany and Kew Garden Miscellany by William Jackson Hooker (1851)
"(Contributions towards a knowledge of the genus Erythroxylon). Munich Mem. 1840 (vol. xvi. part 2.), p. 281, with nine plates. ..."