Definition of Goodenia
1. Noun. A genus of shrubs and herbs that grow in Australia and New Guinea and Malaysia and southeast Asia.
Group relationships: Family Goodeniaceae, Goodenia Family, Goodeniaceae
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Goodenia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Goodenia
Literary usage of Goodenia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Botanist's Repository, for New, and Rare Plants.: Containing Coloured ...by Henry Charles Andrews by Henry Charles Andrews (1797)
"... of the genus goodenia; ... The oval-leaved goodenia is a half woody plant, making long willow-like branches, ..."
2. Report on the Work of the Horn Scientific Expedition to Central Australia by Baldwin Spencer, William Austin Horn (1896)
"Stony ground, Mereenie Bluff and Mount Francis !. goodenia ... goodenia MITCHELLII, Bentham. Alice Springs and Charlotte Waters (C. Giles). goodenia ..."
3. The Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales by Linnean Society of New South Wales (1886)
"ON THE FERTILIZATION OF goodenia HEDERACEA. (Sm.) BY ALEX G. HAMILTON, ESQ. ... paper on goodenia ovata, in the Society's Proceedings for June, 1884, ..."
4. Magazine of Horticulture, Botany, and All Useful Discoveries and edited by Charles Mason Hovey (1846)
"Mr. WP Ayres sent Aotus gracillimus, a Swan river species, having small yellow flowers.—Mr. Dods, gardener to Sir G. Warrender, Bart., goodenia grandiflora, ..."
5. Annals of Botany by Carl Dietrich Eberhard König, John Sims (1806)
"Cavan, in Anales de hist. nal. ip 99- t. 10. Hh goodenia ... goodenia hederacea, Smith in Linn, soc, transact,, it, goodenia elongata. ..."
6. Report of Meeting by ANZAAS, ANZAAS. (1890)
"Grampians. goodenia. Smith. goodenia ovata. Smith. Grampians and Pyrenees. goodenia geniculata. It. Brown. Grampians and Pyrenees. goodenia elongata. ..."
7. Hortus Kewensis; Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1810)
"GH % goodenia. Brown prodr. 574. ... Oval-leaved goodenia. Nat. of New South Wales. Colonel Paterson. Introd. 1 793, by the Right Hon. ..."