¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Gorgeousness
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gorgeousness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gorgeousness
Literary usage of Gorgeousness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. America, Historical, Statistic, and Descriptive by James Silk Buckingham (1841)
"gorgeousness of the Trees.—Danville.—Village Gossips.—Inquisitiveness of the New-England Character.—First Bed with Curtains slept in since leaving England. ..."
2. Buenos Ayres and Argentine Gleanings: With Extracts from a Diary of Salado by Thomas Joseph Hutchinson (1865)
"... Aspect of the Country—gorgeousness of Birds encountered* in our Passage—Point Obligado—On Shore at mi Estancia—Horses making Bricks—Horses threshing ..."
3. Elements of Art Criticism: Comprising a Treatise on the Principles of Man's by George Whitefield Samson (1867)
"... ITS ASIATIC gorgeousness; ITS GRECIAN REFINEMENT; AND ITS ROMAN GRANDEUR. Egyptian architecture, having a long history and well preserved monuments, ..."
4. The Egyptian Sketch Book by Charles Godfrey Leland (1874)
"Simplicity and gorgeousness.—Amun.—The Worship of Fertility.— The Reis. — Our Persian Friend. — How to Study Arabic. — Fuel the Great Want in Egypt. ..."
5. Record of a School: Exemplifying the General Principles of Spiritual Culture by Elizabeth Palmer Peabody (1835)
"... and to paint out in their minds distinctly the two pictures, of summer evergreens, dark in the midst of its gorgeousness ; and of autumn evergreens, ..."