Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hairwork Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hairwork
Literary usage of Hairwork
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dwight's Journal of Music: A Paper of Art and Literature by John Sullivan Dwight (1859)
"She was sitting at the window opposite, engaged in hairwork. She was of the dark-eyed, dark-haired order of beauty, with the very richest of complexions, ..."
2. Journalby California Legislature by California Legislature (1887)
"hairwork. Highest wages paid to men per week. ... Have wages been increased or reduced. Neither. Business. hairwork. . Lapidaries. ..."
3. The Connoisseur by George Colman, B. Thornton (1904)
"An extremely interesting lot was an ivory tablet case mounted with gold, with small panels of hairwork above, with the inscription : " Souvenir d' ..."
4. Proceedings of the second Pan American scientific congress: Washington, U. S by Glen Levin Swiggett (1917)
"... 99 Photo-engraving 313 Waste 53 Marches 26 Salt 124 hairwork 250 Sporting and athletic goods 180 Dentists' materials 87 Instruments, professional and ..."
5. Women of Canada: Their Life and Work by National Council of Women of Canada (1900)
"Wax flowers, hairwork, beadwork, scenes grave and gay worked in worsted displayed taste, or the lack of it, on the part of the originators, but showed more ..."