Definition of Language teaching
1. Noun. Teaching people to speak and understand a foreign language.
Language Teaching Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Language Teaching Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Language Teaching
Literary usage of Language teaching
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Annals of the Deaf by Conference of Executives of American Schools for the Deaf (1911)
"THE PRINCIPLES OF language teaching. [The following questions and answers were prepared for a ... EAF] I. What are the essentials of language teaching? ..."
2. The Teaching of Modern Languages by Leopold Bahlsen (1905)
"THE TEACHING OF MODERN LANGUAGES I. METHODS OF language teaching A HISTORICAL SKETCH ... In this place we are interested merely in /0ra^«-language teaching; ..."
3. The Principles of Language-study by Harold E. Palmer (1921)
"CHAPTER VI THE PRINCIPLES OF LANGUAGE-TEACHING THE art of method-writing (or of course-designing, which is not very different) is in its infancy; ..."
4. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1908)
"Helen Keller and the language-teaching problem. JS Rankin. ... Study of the vocabulary In modern language teaching as outlined by the reformers. GE Krause. ..."
5. Methods of Teaching Modern Languages: Papers on the Value and on Methods of by A. Marshall Elliott, Calvin Thomas, Edward Southey Joynes, Waterman Thomas Hewett, Frederick Caesar de Sumichrast, August Lodeman, Frederick Morris Warren, Eugene Howard Babbitt, Charles Hall Grandgent, O. B. (Ovando Byron) Super, Charles Frederick Kro (1893)
"The most prevalent and pernicious error is a confusion of the different purposes of modern language teaching. A modern language may be used as ..."
6. Comenius and the Beginnings of Educational Reform by Will Seymour Monroe (1900)
"Methodus novissima — Principles of language teaching — Function of examples — Place of oral and written language in education. ..."