Definition of Leaf blight
1. Noun. Any blight causing a browning and falling of the leaves of a plant.
Specialized synonyms: Fire Blight, Pear Blight, Leaf Cast, Needle Blight, Needle Cast
Medical Definition of Leaf blight
1. Any of various diseases which lead to the browning and dropping of a plant's leaves. (09 Oct 1997)
Leaf Blight Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leaf Blight Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leaf Blight
Literary usage of Leaf blight
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fungous Diseases of Plants, with Chapters on Physiology, Culture Methods and by Benjamin Minge Duggar (1909)
"SCRIBNER, FL Leaf-Blight and Cracking of the Pear. US Dept. ... The leaf blight of the pear and quince has been observed in this country as,well as in ..."
2. Manual of Tree Diseases by William Howard Rankin (1918)
"LEAF-BLIGHT Caused by ... The leaf-blight or black leaf-spot of the western arbor-vitae is caused by the fungus ..."
3. Manual of Fruit Diseases by Lexemuel Ray Hesler, Herbert Hice Whetzel (1917)
"The disease is, then, principally a leaf-blight. From a distance the symptoms are similar in appearance to those of fire-blight, ..."
4. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1914)
"Twigs and fruit-spurs killed. Control.—None known except such as mentioned under Pear Blight. Grow immune varieties. ANTHRACNOSE, or LEAF-BLIGHT (. ..."
5. The Horticulturist, and Journal of Rural Art and Rural Taste by Luther Tucker (1866)
"Some leaf blight, but ripened a good crop of rather indifferent fruit, which may make a ... Mildew and leaf blight, no rot; fruit ripened imperfectly. 15. ..."
6. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"Strawberry leaf rolled up from the attack of the leaf-blight. ... Strawberries have the leaf-blight ..."