Definition of Lymphocytic choriomeningitis
1. Noun. A form of viral meningitis caused by a virus carried by the common house mouse.
Medical Definition of Lymphocytic choriomeningitis
1. A form of viral meningitis caused by the lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus. In humans it may be inapparent or present with symptoms of a flu-like disease, aseptic meningitis, encephalitis, or myelitis. (12 Dec 1998)
Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
Literary usage of Lymphocytic choriomeningitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Microbiologic Monitoring of Laboratory Animals edited by Kim Waggie (1994)
"Pathogenesis of chronic disease associated with persistent lymphocytic choriomeningitis viral infection. I. Relationship of antibody production to disease ..."
2. Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories edited by Jonathan Y. Richmond, Robert W. McKinney (1994)
"Agent: lymphocytic choriomeningitis Virus Laboratory-associated infections with LCM virus are well- documented in facilities where infections occur in ..."
3. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"At least l7 viruses cause infections in mice of all ages: lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus, mouse hepatitis virus (including lethal intestinal virus of ..."
4. Guidelines for the Humane Transportation of Research Animals by National Research Council (U. S.) (2006)
"... virus of mice) GD-VII (Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus strain) RED 3 (Reovirus type 3) EDIM (Group A rotavirus) lymphocytic choriomeningitis ..."
5. Biosafety in the Laboratory: Prudent Practices for the Handling and Disposal by National Research Council (U. S.) (1989)
"Agent: lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM) virus Laboratory-associated infections with lympho- cytic choriomeningitis virus are well documented in facilities ..."
6. Microbial and Phenotypic Definition of Rats and Mice: Proceedings of the by National Research Council Staff, ebrary, Inc, National Research Council, International Committee, Commission on Life Sciences, National Academy of Sciences (1999)
"lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM) virus B Ectromelia virus E. coli 0115a, c:k(B) C Minute virus of mice Facilities 0/209 0/51 0/640 0/79 0/1509 0/640 0/62 ..."
7. Essentials for Animal Research: A Primer for Research Personnel by B. Taylor Bennett (1996)
"Examples of these include; lymphocytic choriomeningitis, Herpes virus simiae and rabies. Parasitic Diseases Parasites of laboratory animals have also been ..."