Definition of Mutuel
1. a system of betting on races [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mutuel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mutuel
Literary usage of Mutuel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Evolution of Credit and Banks in France from the Founding of the Bank of by André Liesse (1909)
"The characteristic of the Credit Agricole mutuel is to give a mutual basis to credit; to offer as security to the lender the joint responsibility of a ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"... France the Credit Agricole mutuel represents a development of the Raiffeisen idea. Small local societies had been doing business with moderate success, ..."
3. Rural Credits, Land and Cooperative by Myron Timothy Herrick, R. Ingalls (1914)
"Long-term Loans to Associations through Credit Agricole mutuel.—Long-term Loans to Individuals.—Two Methods of Amortization. MUCH private property was ..."
4. Baily's Magazine of Sports and Pastimes (1901)
"And if the simple fact that betting with bookmakers takes custom away from the guichets of the Pari mutuel were a sufficient objection to it, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Mutuel