Definition of Order Pseudoscorpiones
1. Noun. False scorpions.
Generic synonyms: Animal Order
Group relationships: Arachnida, Class Arachnida
Member holonyms: False Scorpion, Pseudoscorpion, Chelifer, Genus Chelifer
Order Pseudoscorpiones Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Order Pseudoscorpiones Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Order Pseudoscorpiones
Literary usage of Order Pseudoscorpiones
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1904)
"The false scorpions (order Pseudoscorpiones) are small Arachnida which resemble the true scorpions, but lack the long jointed tail. ..."
2. The History of the Collections Contained in the Natural History Departments by British Museum (Natural History) (1906)
"order Pseudoscorpiones. The collection of this order has never been systematically studied, and is not extensive. In addition to specimens from various ..."
3. A Manual on the Study of Insects by John Henry Comstock, Anna Botsford Comstock (1895)
"The popular name, jointed-spiders, is suggested by the segmented condition of the abdomen. Order PSEUDOSCORPIONES (Pseu-do-scor-pi'o-nes. ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"(E. Сл.) K-SCORPION, or FALSE SCORPION, minute arachnids Uy resembling tailless scorpions and belonging to the order Pseudoscorpiones of the class Arachnida ..."
5. Library of Natural History by Richard Lydekker (1901)
"THE FALSE SCORPIONS — Order PSEUDOSCORPIONES The false scorpions are all of minute size, the largest not exceeding a quarter of an inch in length. ..."