Definition of Para I
1. Noun. (obstetrics) woman who has been delivered of a child for the first time.
Category relationships: Midwifery, Ob, Obstetrics, Tocology
Generic synonyms: Female Parent, Mother
Derivative terms: Primiparous
Para I Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Para I Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Para I
Literary usage of Para I
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary and Grammar of the Language of Saʻa and Ulawa, Solomon Islands by Walter George Ivens (1918)
"S., maana para, U., a gate, para'i tr., to defend, to protect, ... sunshade of plaited coconut leaf worn when fishing. para'i nima U., knuckle. para'ita 1. ..."
2. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1906)
"The United States navy has specified these tests for the last two years, and as their specifications call for 40 per cent, pure para I think they are ..."
3. Transactions of the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists by American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (1921)
"Mrs. D., para i; month of fetal death, three and one-half; retention in ... Mrs. T., para i; month of fetal death, fourth; retention г« utero, three months. ..."
4. Hooker's Journal of Botany and Kew Garden Miscellany by William Jackson Hooker (1851)
"... valley of the Amazon—are here quite different ia specie*, ami partly in genera, from those of Santarem and Para, I hare bee» glad to meet with abundance ..."
5. A Tramp Trip: How to See Europe on Fifty Cents a Day by Lee Meriwether (1886)
"I was willing to leave, but not without my one hundred para. I extended my ... There was no sign of my one hundred para. I looked the Turk square in the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Para I