Definition of Para aminobenzoic acid
1. Noun. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells; used to make dyes and drugs and sun blockers.
Para Aminobenzoic Acid Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Para Aminobenzoic Acid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Para Aminobenzoic Acid
Literary usage of Para aminobenzoic acid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"Recently para-aminobenzoic acid has been found to be of definite value in the ... When para-aminobenzoic acid was given by mouth in sufficient dosage to ..."
2. The Condensed Chemical Dictionary: A Reference Volume for All Requiring by Chemical Catalog Company, Inc (1920)
"Derivation: By the interaction of para- aminobenzoic acid and nitrous acid. Method of purification: Crystallization. Grades: Technical. ..."
3. Para-aminobenzonitrile and Its Derivatives by Louis Elsberg Wise (1911)
"As a further check on the correctness of this work, 3-nitro- 4-aminobenzoic acid was synthesized directly from pure para-aminobenzoic acid by the method ..."
4. The Chemistry of Synthetic Drugs by Percy May (1918)
"H2N< >COONa + Cl—CH2—CH2—N(C2H6)2 = NaCl + H2N<^>COO—CH2—CH2—N(C2H6)2. In a third variation,2 para-aminobenzoic acid is condensed with ethylene ..."
5. The Electrical Conductivity and Ionization Constants of Organic Compounds: A by Heyward Scudder (1914)
"I. -Methyl derivatives of para-aminobenzoic acid and of glycine. [Same as 890.] Meas. J. Johnston; see 1868, 1877. J. Johnston see AA Noyes. 892. ..."
6. Glossary of HIV/Aids-related Terms edited by Barry Leonard (1995)
"These drugs inhibit the action of para-aminobenzoic acid, a substance bacteria needed in order to reproduce. Sulfa drugs are used primarily in the treatment ..."
7. Code of Federal Regulations by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"... acid or the sodium or potassium salt or para- aminobenzoic acid. (3)-(29) [Reserved] (c) It is intended for use as follows: ..."