Definition of Parled
1. parle [v] - See also: parle
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Parled Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Parled
Literary usage of Parled
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Botany for North America: Containing Generic and Specific by Amos Eaton (1836)
"Calyx double, outer 3-leaved, inner 5-parled: (or calyx 5- ... 3 bracts) corol salver-form; bolder 5-parled, spreading: tube ..."
2. Gray's School and Field Book of Botany: Consisting of "First Lessons in by Asa Gray (1880)
"Corolla 2-parled nearly to the base, ... Corolla »ot 1-parled nor saher-shaped, but with a tube of tome length in proportion to the. ..."
3. Familiar Lectures on Botany, Practical, Elementary and Physiological: With by Lincoln Phelps (1836)
"... purple flowers, in a large spike. 2 f. Meadows. psyco'des,(y. J. TJ..) lip 3-parled, many-cleft; segments of the perianth obtuse; spar filiform, ..."
4. ... The Bulstrode Papers: Volume I (1667-1675) by Richard Bulstrode (1897)
"... Vice-Treasurer of Ireland, parled hence yesterday for Ireland lo informe himselfe more ... The Lord Gerard halh parled wilh his comand of his ..."