Definition of Peach orchard
1. Noun. A grove of peach trees.
Peach Orchard Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peach Orchard Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peach Orchard
Literary usage of Peach orchard
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by Kentucky Geological Survey (1905)
"The interval between the peach orchard seam and the Richardson coal is generally about 250 feet. ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Damages: Embracing an Elementary Exposition of the by Jabez Gridley Sutherland (1893)
"Taking the average of crops for the last ten or fifteen years in this county, how many crops may be reasonably expected from a peach orchard during its life ..."
3. King's Mountain and Its Heroes: History of the Battle of King's Mountain by Lyman Copeland Draper, Anthony Allaire (1881)
"Expedition to Brown s Creek and Fair Forest.—Fight at the peach orchard, near Cedar Spring, and Wofford's Iron Works, and its incidents. ..."
4. Gettysburg, the Pivotal Battle of the Civil War by Robert K. Beecham (1911)
"CHAPTER XVI peach orchard r 11 HE old peach orchard of our war days was •*• situated at the extreme apex of Sickles' Salient, on the east side of the ..."
5. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1903)
"Potash and phosphatic fertilizers are most in demand in the peach orchard. By planting leguminous cover crops and turning these under each spring other ..."
6. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1908)
"I can give you some experiences that would be misleading, because as a matter of fact the best peach orchard we have on our farm is the one that stands ..."
7. From Bull Run to Chancellorsville: The Story of the Sixteenth New York by Newton Martin Curtis (1906)
"The Second fought at peach orchard, later with Smith's division of the Sixth Corps at Savage's Station, and at White Oak Swamp; Slocum's division and the ..."