Definition of Personnel carrier
1. Noun. A military vehicle (usually armored) for transporting military personnel and their equipment.
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Personnel Carrier Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Personnel Carrier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Personnel Carrier
Literary usage of Personnel carrier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bear Went Over the Mountain: Soviet Combat Tactics in Afghanistan by Lester W. Grau, Voennai︠a︡ akademii︠a︡ imeni M.V. Frunze (1996)
"In general, the Soviet ground soldier remained tied to his personnel carrier and to the equipment which was designed to be carried by that personnel carrier ..."
2. Regional Peacekeepers: The Paradox of Russian Peacekeeping by John Mackinlay, Peter Cross (2003)
"Total strength eight plus one armoured personnel carrier. ... 9: Russian post in Bendery with one officer plus four men and one armoured personnel carrier. ..."
3. Weapons Transfers and Violations of the Laws of War in Turkey by James Ron (1995)
"According to the government, however, the damage and casualties were caused by a PKK anti-tank rocket fired at the armored personnel carrier from a PKK ..."
4. War Crimes in Bosnia-Hercegovina by Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S.), Helsinki Watch, Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S., Ivana Nizich (1993)
"We were then taken to an armored personnel carrier, and I thought we were being ... En route, one of the police officers drove the armored personnel carrier ..."
5. Operation Desert Storm: Apache Helicopter Fratricide Incident edited by Barbara J. Cart, William E. McDaniel, E. Randy Stone (1997)
"... Center Administrative and Logistics Operations Center Administrative and Logistics Communications Network altitude Armored personnel carrier 1st Cavalry ..."