Definition of Pink slip
1. Noun. Official notice that you have been fired from your job.
Generic synonyms: Notice
Specialized synonyms: Marching Orders, Walking Papers
Definition of Pink slip
1. Noun. (idiomatic US) Notice of termination of employment. ¹
2. Noun. (American English) The title for an automobile. ¹
3. Noun. (Australia New South Wales) An automobile roadworthiness inspection certificate. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Pink Slip Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pink Slip Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pink Slip
Literary usage of Pink slip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Joint Committee of the Senate and Assembly of the State of New by Edwin A. Merritt, Edwin A. Merritt, Jr (1911)
"Q. When did the pink slip come off and why did it come ofri A. They have improved it very materially; there has been tremendous improvements ; they spent ..."
2. Hellenistic Pottery: The Plain Wares by Susan I. Rotroff (2006)
"SYR 6/6), pink slip (ca. SYR 8/4) on exterior and upper interior (to shoulder). Inclusions: some fine to coarse dull white, few fine black and red; ..."
3. Hellenistic Pottery: Athenian and Imported Wheelmade Table Ware and Related by Susan I. Rotroff (1997)
"4 cm. of bottom with hard, shiny, pink slip (7.5YR 8/4). Cf. P 10714, red-gloss relief ... SYR 6/6) with small black inclusions; shiny, pink slip (ca. 7. ..."
4. Transactions of the American Ceramic Society Containing the Papers and by American Ceramic Society, American Ceramic Society Meeting (1912)
"In April, 1911, we started burning some terra cotta which had a light pink slip on it; the pink color was produced with a "chrome tin" stain. ..."
5. Medico-Chirurgical Transactions by Royal Medical and Chirurgical Society of London (1816)
"His daughter was one day dressed in a pink slip; she asked him the colour, he said " sky blue," to which she replied, " If you call my pink slip blue, ..."
6. Report of the Joint Committee of the Senate and Assembly of the State of New by Edwin A. Merritt, Edwin A. Merritt, Jr (1911)
"First of all, when did the pink slip go on in the city of Rochester? A. This statement which I prepared here shows that, if you care to have that first, ..."
7. The Red-figure Pottery by Sharon Herbert (1977)
"pink slip and miltos. For a similarly seated Marsyas with Apollo in his long, ... Miltos and pink slip. Splotchy green-black glaze, chipped. ..."