Definition of Population growth
1. Noun. Increase in the number of people who inhabit a territory or state.
Population Growth Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Population Growth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Population Growth
Literary usage of Population growth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Reducing the Environmental Impact of population growth AAAS Symposium 26-30 December 1970 Chicago It is generally accepted that population will have to be ..."
2. Mega-City Growth and the Future by Roland J. Fuchs (1994)
"population growth and Policies in Mega-Cities: Metro Manila. Population Policy Paper, no. 5. New York: Department of International Economic and Social ..."
3. Population Profile of the U.S., 1997 by Andrea Curry, Karen Mills, Janice Valdisera (2000)
"population growth was concentrated among the school- age population, ... State Population Trends Most of the rapid population growth states were located in ..."
4. Preventing Deadly Conflict edited by David A. Hamburg, Cyrus R. Vance (1998)
"Rapid population growth The UN projects that world population will increase by more than 50 percent before the year 2050. The population of the developed ..."
5. The Impact of HIV-AIDS on World Population by Peter O. Way (1994)
"Negative population growth Rate Projected for Thailand According to the projections, by, AIDS will have reduced the population growth rate of a majority of ..."
6. Workforce 2000: Work and Workers for the 21st Century by William B. Johnstone, DIANE Publishing Company, Arnold E. Packer (1987)
"... the population climbs to only Table 3-1 US population growth, 1950-2000 (millions) Increase Compared To Total Previous Census 1950 151.3 19.1 1960 179.3 ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Population growth