Definition of School text
1. Noun. A book prepared for use in schools or colleges. "The professor wrote the text that he assigned students to buy"
Generic synonyms: Book
Specialized synonyms: Crammer, Introduction, Primer, Reader
Antonyms: Trade Edition
School Text Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: School Text Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of School Text
Literary usage of School text
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1912)
"Suggested that school text-books be furnished by state; books delivered to ... State contract prices of school text-books for use in public schools of Ohio; ..."
2. The Overland Monthly by Bret Harte (1885)
"The Bible—the Sunday school text-Book. Primer of Christian Evidence. Boston: Congregational Sunday School and Publishing Society. 1885. ..."
3. Annual Report by Grand Rapids (Mich.) Board of Education, Board of Education, Grand Rapids (Mich.) (1901)
"HIGH school text BOOKS. Arithmetic—Sadler's Essentials of Business. Algebra—Olney's Complete. Geometry—Olney's New Elementary. ..."
4. The Art of School Management: A Text-book for Normal Schools and Normal by Joseph Baldwin (1881)
"school text-BOOKS. 1. TEXT-BOOKS are books to be used by pupils in connection with the instruction given by the teacher. Good text-books, next to the living ..."