Definition of Sebastian cabot
1. Noun. Son of John Cabot who was born in Italy and who led an English expedition in search of the Northwest Passage and a Spanish expedition that explored the La Plata region of Brazil; in 1544 he published a map of the world (1476-1557).
Sebastian Cabot Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sebastian Cabot Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sebastian Cabot
Literary usage of Sebastian cabot
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of the United States: From the Earliest Discoveries to the Present Time by Marcius Willson (1859)
"Lo-don-e- d Roash ) ^' 2John and sebastian cabot. — //. ... 4In 1498 Sebastian Cabot, with a company of ^nd voyage 'nree hundred men, made a second voyage, ..."
2. Proceedings of the Massachusetts Historical Society by Massachusetts Historical Society (1866)
"... Society's portrait of sebastian cabot, was read by the President: — The attention of visitors to these rooms has often been attracted to the fine copy, ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"According to the chart of sebastian cabot (1544), the land was in the vicinity of ... In August, 1530, he returned to sebastian cabot The accounts of the ..."
4. The History of the United States of America by Richard Hildreth (1880)
"The youthful sebastian cabot was soon placed at the head of a new voyage, ... The very month in which sebastian cabot left England, Vasco de Gama, ..."
5. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"Little, however, is known of the proceedings of sebastian cabot for the ensuing 20 ... See Nicholls, 'Remarkable Life fi sebastian cabot' (London 1869) ..."
6. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1886)
"... sebastian cabot tould me t hat he was borne in Bry stowe, and that at iiii. yeare owld he was carried with his father to Venice, and so returned agayne ..."
7. The Monthly Review by Charles William Wason (1831)
"A Memoir of sebastian cabot; with a Review of the History of Maritime Discovery. ... The operation of doing justice to the name of sebastian cabot, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Sebastian cabot