Definition of Temporary state
1. Noun. A state that continues for a limited time.
Specialized synonyms: Frame Of Mind, State Of Mind, Fatigue, Tiredness, Weariness, Depletion, Drunkenness, Inebriation, Inebriety, Insobriety, Intoxication, Tipsiness, Soberness, Sobriety, Sleeplessness, Wakefulness, Drowsiness, Sleepiness, Somnolence, Emergency, Clutch
Temporary State Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Temporary State Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Temporary State
Literary usage of Temporary state
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of California by Hubert Howe Bancroft, Henry Lebbeus Oak, William Nemos, Frances Fuller Victor (1888)
"AN EMPTY TREASURY—temporary state LOAN ACT—STATE DEBT—LICENSES AND ... The Temporary State Loan Act of 1850 had not fulfilled the expectations of its ..."
2. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1849)
"The whole of the temporary State debt incurred for the arrears of interest, are now discharged, and the means of the State are rapidly ..."
3. English Synonyms Explained, in Alphabetical Order: With Copious by George Crabb (1818)
"Та s/ee¡¡), expresses mostly a temporary state; LETHARGIC, from lethargy, ... as a temporary state, expresses also what is natural or seasonable ..."
4. History and Civics of Oklahoma by Luther Jewett Abbott (1910)
"The document was declared to be in accordance with these, and on Saturday, November temporary state House, Guthrie 16, 1907, Oklahoma was proclaimed the ..."
5. Sacred Classics: Or, Cabinet Library of Divinity by Henry Stebbing, Richard Cattermole (1835)
"... would it agree witb this design of the divine wisdom, to have made man only for this temporary state! For, l. How little would it tend to the begetting ..."
6. English Synonymes, with Copious Illustrations and Explanations, Drawn from by George Crabb (1854)
"Sleepy, ne a temporary state, expresses also what is natural or seasonable; drowsiness expresses an inclination to sleep at unseasonable hours : it is ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Temporary state