Definition of Temporary worker
1. Noun. A worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis.
Temporary Worker Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Temporary Worker Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Temporary Worker
Literary usage of Temporary worker
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Tainted Harvest: Child Labor and Obstacles to Organizing on Ecuador's Banana by Carol Pier (2002)
"If such a temporary worker, at the expiration of her short-term contract, is suddenly told not to return to work the following day or week, she has not, ..."
2. International Migration Outlook (2006)
"and renewed interest in temporary worker migration Although public attention tends to be focused on long-term immigration, ..."
3. Pan-Organizational Summit on the U.S. Science and Engineering Workforce by Marye Anne Fox, ( (2003)
"As long as an application has been in process for at least 365 days and the job for which they were recruited ends, the temporary worker is free to compete ..."
4. Detained in China and Tibet: A Directory of Political and Religious Prisoners by Robin Munro, Mickey Spiegel, Asia Watch Committee (U.S.) (1994)
"... ZHAO Jian (Junan) a temporary worker at the Xi'an Institute of Metallurgical and Architectural Engineering; and SUN Chaohui, a temporary worker hi the ..."