Definition of Term infant
1. Noun. Infant born at a gestational age between 37 and 42 completed weeks.
Medical Definition of Term infant
1. An infant with gestational age between 37 completed weeks (259 completed days) and 42 completed weeks (294 completed days). (05 Mar 2000)
Term Infant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Term Infant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Term Infant
Literary usage of Term infant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A General History of the Baptist Denomination in America, and Other Parts of by David Benedict (1813)
"... service is refused to such infants as die unbaptized.f The meaning of the term Infant has been a matter of much dispute, in baptismal controversies. ..."
2. A History of Baptism: Both from Inspired and Uninspired Writings by Isaac Taylor Hinton (1840)
"MEANING OF THE TERM "INFANT." CHAP, BEFORE investigating the facts of history, ... term Infant."
3. A History of Baptism: From Inspired and Uninspired Writings by Isaac Taylor Hinton (1849)
"MEANING OF THE TERM " INFANT." BEFORE investigating the facts of history, it is necessary we should have a correct idea of the meaning of the terms used in ..."
4. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1901)
"of the healthful full-term infant. During the first clays the eyes are constantly closed, and the child passes its time in torpid somnolence, ..."
5. Diseases of Nutrition and Infant Feeding by John Lovett Morse, Fritz Bradley Talbot (1915)
"A premature infant would, therefore, be expected to require more nourishment in proportion to its weight than would the full-term infant. ..."
6. Influence of Pregnancy Weight on Maternal and Child Health: Workshop Report by Food and Nutrition Board, National Research Council (U.S.), Institute of Medicine (U.S.), Youth Board on Children, and Families (2007)
"SHORT-term infant HEALTH OUTCOMES Patrick Catalano provided an overview of the impact of prepregnancy maternal weight and gestational weight gain on the ..."
7. The Diseases of Infancy and Childhood by Henry Koplik (1906)
"THE DISEASES OF THE NEWBORN. will have approached the age of a full-term infant. We should now be cautious not to increase the percentages or strength of ..."